All social situations, wherever you are, follow a set of rules and guidelines that you need to strictly observe to make your vacation hassle-free. As in other nightlife scene, night parties in Playa del Carmen have sets of rules to keep people from starting a brawl, throwing food around, offending the sensibilities of other people, or drawing swords.
You can get ahead if you know the how to behave property in the nightlife events in the city. You will definitely suffer if you do not know these rules. Bars, nightclubs, restaurants, and entertainment venues in Playa del Carmen are no different than other social environments; there are certain ways to do things.
Common sense says we must follow nightlife etiquette. But, as they say, common sense is not that common, so read on just to make sure. Before you go to the hottest nightspot in Playa del Carmen, it always pays to be ready. Below is a list of nightlife etiquette you must follow:
- Decide where you are going and make sure to have back up plans.
- Know the dress code of the place you intend to go to and respond accordingly.
- Know how you will get in – whether you need to reserve well ahead of time, contact connections, or just stand in line.
- Be extra nice to the bouncer when you get there. Give them a hard time and you might ruin your own night in Playa del Carmen.
- Once you get inside your goal is to enjoy.
- It is always a good idea to be nice to the staff; it is nice to be treated importantly, but it is more important to act nicely.
- Unless your ultimate goal is to get a nasty hangover, we suggest that you drink and do something else. Hit the dance floor, flirt, talk, eat, or whatever makes you have a good time.
- The key to making new friends in Playa del Carmen is to help them feel good about themselves, not using these people to feel better about yourself.
- When it is time to leave, cap off a great night by thanking the staff that served you. This is to your advantage as they will remember you when you come back.
- Before you black out on the road to hangover, make sure your old and new friends actually got home or to their hotel in the city. This shows you care.